velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Oliver" <ol...@alariussystems.com>
Subject RE: locating Velocity templates in a .jar
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:37:55 GMT
The ClasspathResourceLoader will let you load resources like .vm templates
and other resources like include files, etc. from jars in the classpath, but
the properties file for velocity needs to be at the root of the jar or in
your /classes directory if on Tomcat.  It isn't finding the properties file
that sets the ClasspathResourceLoader.  Carts aren't pushed by horses...;-)

Michael Oliver
CTO
Alarius Systems LLC
6800 E. Lake Mead Blvd, #1096
Las Vegas, NV 89156
Phone:(702)643-7425
Fax:(702)974-0341
*Note new email changed from oliverm@matrix-media.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Cliff Meyers [mailto:cliff.meyers@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 9:24 AM
To: velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: locating Velocity templates in a .jar

Mike gave me some more details on this but I'm still having trouble
getting it to work.  If I add a velocity.properties file in my jar
like so:

com/company/division/uitools/velocity.properties

It doesn't appear to be getting read at all.  I was thinking of trying
to set the ClassPathResourceLoader manually in my code but there
doesn't appear to be a constant in the Velocity class.  Can anyone
else provide an assist?  Thanks so much...

-Cliff

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/docs/developer-guide.html#Configuring%20R