velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Oliver" <ol...@alariussystems.com>
Subject RE: replacement for jsp:forward
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 14:49:28 GMT
Just use a plain old index.html page and use onLoad to go to your velocity
entry point.

Michael Oliver
CTO
Alarius Systems LLC
6800 E. Lake Mead Blvd, #1096
Las Vegas, NV 89156
Phone:(702)643-7425
Fax:(702)974-0341
*Note new email changed from oliverm@matrix-media.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Fortin [mailto:mikef@vendorpromotions.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 7:44 AM
To: Velocity Users List
Subject: replacement for jsp:forward

Hello all,

I've been trying to configure a site with velocity and spring and I'm
having a little trouble with the welcome page.  With jsp I can just add
an index.jsp with a jsp:forward in it to route to my servlet the will
render my home page.  I really want to keep it a pure velocity site but
there doesn't seem to be an equivalent to jsp:forward in velocity.  I've
tried to set a servlet in my welcome file list in the web.xml but that
didn't work, I just get a directory listing.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Michael