velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Oliver" <ol...@alariussystems.com>
Subject RE: locating Velocity templates in a .jar
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:27:55 GMT
Ah ha!  Use the ClassPathResourceLoader instead of the default
FileResourceLoader and make sure your jar is in the classpath and if the
location of the templates in the jar is
/com/yourpackage/templates/....blahblay.vm

Your reference to it should be com/yourpackage/templates/...blahblay.vm

It took me two days to figure that out....just slow I guess, I hope this
helps you do it faster.

Michael Oliver
CTO
Alarius Systems LLC
6800 E. Lake Mead Blvd, #1096
Las Vegas, NV 89156
Phone:(702)643-7425
Fax:(702)974-0341
*Note new email changed from oliverm@matrix-media.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Cliff Meyers [mailto:cliff.meyers@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 12:16 PM
To: velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: locating Velocity templates in a .jar

I wrote a single class that is used to generate UI for our web
applications.  I wanted to package this class in a .jar along with the
two velocity templates it depends on.  Unfortunately I can't get this
call in my class to work:

Template template = Velocity.getTemplate(templateFile);

Is there something I can set in the properties file
(file.resource.loader.path) that will assist me here?  Is the approach
even possible?  Thanks so much for your help!

-Cliff Meyers