velocity-user mailing list archives

From Manvendra Baghel <manav_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Client Authentication in XML RPC
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:03:26 GMT
Hi friends,
I am working on Turbine 2.3 and velocity.
I am trying to implement xml rpc in Brihaspati e LMS
I am unable to decide how to go in for client
authentication.
Turbine xml-rpc service use file handler methods
get/ send for handling files.But they are not secure
Any one can access files by them.
 MY PROBLEM IS THIS:
 I HAVE LIST OF IP ADDRESSES AND I WANT THAT ONLY THEY
SHOULD ACCESS MY FILES    .
   for that how to work with
TurbineResouces.properties
is not clear.
My property file is below

services.XmlRpcService.handler.file =
org.apache.turbine.services.xmlrpc.util.FileHandler
services.XmlRpcService.handler.remote =
org.iitk.brihaspati.modules.utils.RemoteCourseUtil
services.XmlRpcService.handler.remote1 =
org.iitk.brihaspati.modules.utils.RemoteCourseUtilServer
services.XmlRpcService.paranoid = true
services.XmlRpcService.acceptClient = 172.28.44.*
services.XmlRpcService.denyClient =

# Do we want a secure server

services.XmlRpcService.secure.server = false

# Secure server options

services.XmlRpcService.secure.server.option.java.protocol.handler.pkgs
= \
    com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol

services.XmlRpcService.secure.server.option.security.provider
= \
    com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider

services.XmlRpcService.secure.server.option.security.protocol
= TLS

# You probably want to keep your key stores and trust
stores
# clear out of your webapp.

services.XmlRpcService.secure.server.option.javax.net.ssl.keyStore
= /tmp/keystore
services.XmlRpcService.secure.server.option.javax.net.ssl.keyStoreType
= jks
services.XmlRpcService.secure.server.option.javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword
= password
services.XmlRpcService.secure.server.option.javax.net.ssl.trustStore
= /tmp/truststore
services.XmlRpcService.secure.server.option.javax.net.ssl.trustStoreType
= jks
services.XmlRpcService.secure.server.option.javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword
= password

services.XmlRpcService.secure.server.option.sun.ssl.keymanager.type
= SunX509
services.XmlRpcService.secure.server.option.sun.ssl.trust.manager.type
= SunX509

# These values should be set to 'all' for debugging
purposes.

services.XmlRpcService.secure.server.option.javax.net.debug
= all
services.XmlRpcService.secure.server.option.java.security.debug
= all

ONE OF MY PROBLEM IS WHEN I SET
services.XmlRpcService.secure.server = true

Xml rpc call  fails

HOW TO USE SECURE SERVER OPTION......

Thanks for help in advance

cheers