velocity-user mailing list archives

From and...@assertis.net
Subject VelocityViewServlet
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 20:00:45 GMT
Hi people,
I've built quite a large web app using the VelocityServlet. I know this is
now somewhat deprecated ( I didn't know this before I built the app). I
was wondering if there was a decent tutorial on converting existing apps
to VelocityViewServlet.

Also what benefits will the VelocityViewServlet bring over the
VelocityServlet?
I've noticed that over slow connections that template pages rendered with
velocity sometimes appears in chunks when the same page done as a jsp page
doesn't. Does the VelocityServlet use a BufferedWriter or is this
something that is new in VelocityViewServlet?

Thanks
Andrew