velocity-user mailing list archives

From James Closs <ja...@bitbull.com>
Subject Re: newbie - can't get VelocityServlet to read configuration file
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:47:07 GMT

On 15 Aug 2005, at 21:00, Nathan Bubna wrote:

> which documentation?  we should get that changed.  i'm pretty sure the
> docs for the VelocityViewServlet are right.

The docs (http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/docs/developer-
guide.html#Using%20Velocity%20In%20Servlets under 'deployment') for
VelocityServlet are incorrect, or outdated anyway.

I have tried both param names and neither solve my problem
unfortunately. I will try the VelocityViewServlet but thought this
was mainly for parsing templates directly, the stuff I need to do is
much too complex to fit within a template (ie I need to make http
connections to a different server etc).

I could be misunderstanding though - more reading to do : )

When using 'properties' on its own as a param name I got a warning
message in the logs that this name had been deprecated though.

====

James Closs, Director, bitBull Ltd

http://www.bitbull.com

07771 991171