velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Language Lawyer question (was: Re: syntax issue)
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:30:05 GMT
"Tim Colson \(tcolson\)" <tcolson@cisco.com> writes:

>> (I've previously argued we should make the entire language
>> case-insensitive).
>Interesting... I could go +1 for that.

Why? How about a hash map that contains "foo", "Foo", "FOO" and
"foO". What would

#foreach ($i in $hashmap.keys())
  $i --> $hashmap.get($i)
#end

result in?

Even if Velocity should be simple for template writers, it still
interfaces with business logic. And here, case-sensititivy counts a
lot. How about a bean that contains

String getXML()

and

String getXml()

methods? Yes, I've seen such code.

I'd -0 for case insensitivity. I don't see good reasons for it and I
can imagine a lot of problems stemming from it.

	Regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42