velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Will Glass-Husain" <wgl...@forio.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Viento
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 03:55:05 GMT
Adam,

Thanks for sharing, and appreciate the kind words towards Velocity.  Hope it
was a good source of ideas for your new approach.

Nice web site, by the way - very easy to  browse.  One thing I couldn't
figure out - what license are you offering the code under?

WILL

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Williams" <adamsgeemail@gmail.com>
To: "Velocity Users List" <velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:41 PM
Subject: [ANN] Viento

Hello.

Velocity is great. It can be used to template anything, and works
quite well. Well, except for inline Maps ;) We have been using it for
almost three years, and would never go back to JSP, JSF, or
String.format().

Alas, we have needs that it cannot meet. The Sails[1] Web2.0 Solution
is under refinement, part of which required a new template language:
extensibility built into the design, Java 1.5, blocks. It is called
Viento[2].

Since you folks know template languages real well, the Sails team
hopes that you might do us a favor. Check out Viento and let us know
what you think. Read up on it, browse the source, and catch the
Wind[3].

 adam williams
 creator, Sails

 austin taylor
 creator, Viento

[1] http://www.opensails.org
[2] http://www.opensails.org/sails/wiki/Viento
[3] Viento is a Spanish word meaning 'Wind' - the kind that moves sailboats