velocity-user mailing list archives

From Adam Williams <adamsgeem...@gmail.com>
Subject [ANN] Viento
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 03:41:14 GMT
Hello.

Velocity is great. It can be used to template anything, and works
quite well. Well, except for inline Maps ;) We have been using it for
almost three years, and would never go back to JSP, JSF, or
String.format().

Alas, we have needs that it cannot meet. The Sails[1] Web2.0 Solution
is under refinement, part of which required a new template language:
extensibility built into the design, Java 1.5, blocks. It is called
Viento[2].

Since you folks know template languages real well, the Sails team
hopes that you might do us a favor. Check out Viento and let us know
what you think. Read up on it, browse the source, and catch the
Wind[3].

 adam williams
 creator, Sails

 austin taylor
 creator, Viento

[1] http://www.opensails.org
[2] http://www.opensails.org/sails/wiki/Viento
[3] Viento is a Spanish word meaning 'Wind' - the kind that moves sailboats