velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: [ANN] Viento - WHY?
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 17:33:53 GMT
Daniel Dekany <ddekany@freemail.hu> writes:

>Or, Geronimo recently. You could ask: why they didn't contribute to
>JBoss or ObjectWeb's Jonas?

http://jboss.com/pdf/Why_We_Use_the_LGPL.pdf
http://jonas.objectweb.org/license.html

Because we care about free software. You might want to read up on this
one day. This is the main goal of the ASF from day one. Why do IBM,
Sun, BEA and all the other big players work with the ASF? Because they
care about free software.

> Wait, I know! They wanted a J2EE implementation by which users can
> "win a 42'' Plasma HDTV or Sony(tm) PSP"? :) Ehhh, sorry, I have
> found it so funny... go to sf.net and see if you don't understand.

This is exactly the kind of uninformed and snide remark that ridicules
you more than the people you try to put down. It actually shows how
little you understand about the ASF and its goals.

	Best regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42