velocity-user mailing list archives

From apa...@recks.org
Subject Re: Escapng problem
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 09:01:21 GMT
The formal reference notation ${foo} is hopefully a good
workaround to make it work:

#set( $d = '$' )
arg1value="${d}{var:maxlength}"

It seems to me you found two related bugs in the parser.
a) Trying to parse something that is not a real reference (starting
   with "${" and contining a ":") and throwing a PEE.
b) Interpreting a "{" in the middle of a reference as part of it.

Could you/someone confirm these are really bugs - testing against
other similar expressions, creating a test-case, and then add a
JIRA issue.

Cheers,
Christoph