velocity-user mailing list archives

From Bryce Nesbitt <bry...@obviously.com>
Subject How to output a tab from a velocity template?
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 00:38:09 GMT
I'm using a velocity/xwork/WebWork template to write a text file, which
needs to have tabs between each record:

$res.setHeader("content-type", "text/plain")#*
*#$res.setHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=xxxxx.tsv")
#foreach( $step in $result )
RECORD&tab;$!step.PrimaryContact.firstName&tab;$!step.PrimaryContact.lastName
#end

How can I get tabs or other special characters out of Velocity? \t does
not work.  &tab; and &#09; won't work, because the target is not a HTML
browser.

Putting actual tabs in the text file might work, but that's icky.