velocity-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Mason <and...@assertis.net>
Subject #parse expensive ?
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 12:08:59 GMT
Hi guiys,
Just wondering how expensive a #parse() is in terms of time taken to render a
page? I have a few servlets which take between 12-18 ms to do the
getTemplate() method. I'm not sure if this is extremely fast for the amount
of work it's doing or about average or slow. The getTemplate() function seems
to be the most time consuming thing the servlet is doing, the rest combined
is between 4-6ms  The servlet isn't particularly slow but I am always looking
for ways to speed things up. Are there operations that I should avoid in the
templates.

kind regards
Andrew M