velocity-user mailing list archives

From "jian chen" <chenjian1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Features
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:24:26 GMT
Hi, Jonathan,

I am a bit sad to see that the Velocity project hasn't been that active
these days, particularly with the much needed enhancements still pending.

However, I just don't like FreeMarker for the following major reasons:

1) FreeMarker tags look similar as html tags.

2) Too much feature in FreeMarker. The template engine language should be
succinct. Otherwise, it might give people too much flexibility in
templating.

I would hope to have a better version of Velocity though, with the bug fixes
and correct feature enhancements.

Jian
Lead Developer, Seattle Lighting