velocity-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Revusky <revu...@wanadoo.es>
Subject Re: Features
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:07:26 GMT
Will Glass-Husain wrote:
> Hi Jurica,
>
> Sure, we'd welcome help to implement those features.

But Will, don't you guys have to have some kind of long philosophical
debate about the features first? IIRC, the one on decimal numbers lasted
for years.

I wasn't under the impression that you could just say "Let's do it" and
do it. Consensus, community,... the Apache Way...

I remind you of this in case it has slipped your mind. You really
shouldn't encourage somebody to implement whatever features if you're
then going to have your philosophical debate and decide that the new
features aren't actually desirable.

Jonathan Revusky
--
lead developer, FreeMarker project http://freemarker.org/