velocity-user mailing list archives

From Dominik Bruhn <domi...@dbruhn.de>
Subject Re: Switching from PHP to Java/Velocity, Performance?
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:41:21 GMT
Hy,
> Nowadays, every good database
> will already have a built-in caching mechanism.
so do you think that caching on the servlet-side is not needed and I should
leave this task to the Database-Engine? This would simplify the whole task
because I don't have to keep the caches on each server in sync.
BUT: Why is everbyody talking about caching? I think altough the
Database-Servers might cache some data I still have to keep some of it in my
servlets, at least those parts who are needed very often and change very
seldom.

How do the others think about this?

Thanks
Dominik