velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Will Glass-Husain" <wgl...@forio.com>
Subject Re: Switching from PHP to Java/Velocity, Performance?
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 15:07:57 GMT
One of the things I like about Hibernate is that it has request-level
caching automatically.  In other words if you read and write to the
database within a single request, that will only hit the database
once.  It also organizes queries and minimize them.

Another point - if you do clustering you might consider a stateless
app.  (This is very common for PHP).  This solves a lot of the session
cluster problems.

WILL

On 4/13/06, Florin Vancea <fvancea@maxiq.ro> wrote:
> Yes, that's what I knew. But that's 1.1.
> Check http://ehcache.sourceforge.net/
> Scroll down to 26 March 2006 1.2 beta 5 released

Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain
wglass@forio.com
www.forio.com