velocity-user mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: Velocity vs. WebMacro performance
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 12:29:24 GMT
Ståle Undheim wrote:
> Am I using Velocity totally wrong? Is there interfaces that allows me to
> nest objects and have good performance?

I would not use velocity for something like this - it sounds like you
need XML and possibly XSL.

You could use a SAX filter to send nested XML to the output stream or
form for use on the server. If you can use the browser and send it the
XML to do an XSL transformation you would get the best performance. If
you need to send pure HTML to the client then you could do the
transformation on the server. Either way you can form your nested
structure and style with CSS.

Another alternative is to just send the XML as is and style simply with CSS.

best,
-Rob