velocity-user mailing list archives

From julia schmitz <juliaa_...@web.de>
Subject Re: can not find velocity template vm
Date Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:36:22 GMT

Thank you very much, i edit my velocity.properties but i didnt work

*Von:* "Velocity Users List" <VELOCITY-USER@JAKARTA.APACHE.ORG>
*Gesendet:* 30.04.06 17:57:52
*An:* "Velocity Users List" <VELOCITY-USER@JAKARTA.APACHE.ORG>
*Betreff:* Re: can not find velocity template vm

file.resource.loader.path=

i believe the above means that you want velocity to look for templates
in C:, rather than the webapp root. instead, try telling the file
resource loader to look in the webapp root where you actually put the
template:

file.resource.loader.path=D:My DocumentsEclipseworkspaceIPM

read more about configuring the resource loaders here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/docs/developer-guide.html#Configuring%20Resource%20Loaders

have you tried any of the example applications that come with the
VelocityTools project? They show how you can use the
VelocityViewServlet, which uses a webapp resource loader to look in
the webapp root by default. you can also use the WebappLoader without
using the VelocityViewServlet if you would prefer.

On 4/30/06, julia schmitz <juliaa_web@web.de> wrote:

> Hello to all Velocity - User,
>
> Can someone help me: Where is the mistake why i get the this Error:
>
> Error: org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find resource
'displaylist.vm'

> I give you some more information about my application.
>
> I have installed Eclipse 3.1.2, Tomcat 5.0.28 and Sysdeo (Tomcat Plugin) 3.1.0. In the
%CATALINA_HOME%confweb.xml File i activated the Invoker Servlet.

http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd [http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd]"