velocity-user mailing list archives

From julia schmitz <juliaa_...@web.de>
Subject Re: can not find velocity template vm
Date Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:58:13 GMT

thanks, but i did not help

I get the following infos when debuging:

runtime.log = null

default path = C:\

*Von:* "Velocity Users List" <VELOCITY-USER@JAKARTA.APACHE.ORG>
*Gesendet:* 30.04.06 18:50:19
*An:* "Velocity Users List" <VELOCITY-USER@JAKARTA.APACHE.ORG>
*Betreff:* Re: can not find velocity template vm

ok, upon closer inspection i noticed that you also have the wrong key
for your velocity.properties, depending on what version you are using,
they may not be getting loaded:

<init-param>
<param-name>properties</param-name>
<param-value>>/WEB-INF/velocity.properties</param-value>
</init-param>

should be

<init-param>
<param-name>org.apache.velocity.properties</param-name>
<param-value>/WEB-INF/velocity.properties</param-value>
</init-param>

Llewellyn's advice on debugging is also quite useful and should help
you find out what else is going wrong. And seriously, the
VelocityServlet is deprecated and not nearly as useful as the
VelocityViewServlet that comes with the VelocityTools project. You
really should be using the VelocityViewServlet.
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/view/

On 4/30/06, julia schmitz <juliaa_web@web.de> wrote:

> Hello to all Velocity - User,
>
> Can someone help me: Where is the mistake why i get the this Error:
>
> Error: org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find resource
'displaylist.vm'

> I give you some more information about my application.
>
> I have installed Eclipse 3.1.2, Tomcat 5.0.28 and Sysdeo (Tomcat Plugin) 3.1.0. In the
%CATALINA_HOME%confweb.xml File i activated the Invoker Servlet.

http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd [http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd]"