velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to make #for thread-safe?
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 22:44:47 GMT
In a web application, thread-safety is only a concern if your context
objects are used in the session or application scopes.

If you are concerned about thread safety with the context, then i
would suspect that either you are trying to use a context or context
object in an inappropriate scope or else are needlessly worrying.

Each servlet request is just one thread in a normal web application.
So for each request, you should probably be creating a new
VelocityContext and new/different instances of any mutable classes
into that context.  This is the standard practice for any view
technology (JSP/Velocity/Freemarker/etc).