velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can not find velocity template vm
Date Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:53:31 GMT
Oh, and i should add that whether you are using the VelocityServlet or
the VelocityViewServlet, you should do:

template = getTemplate("displaylist.vm");

and not do:

template = Velocity.getTemplate("displaylist.vm");

On 4/30/06, Nathan Bubna <nbubna@gmail.com> wrote:
> ok, upon closer inspection i noticed that you also have the wrong key
> for your velocity.properties, depending on what version you are using,
> they may not be getting loaded:
>
>  <init-param>
>  <param-name>properties</param-name>
>  <param-value>>/WEB-INF/velocity.properties</param-value>
>  </init-param>
>
> should be
>
>  <init-param>
>  <param-name>org.apache.velocity.properties</param-name>
>  <param-value>/WEB-INF/velocity.properties</param-value>
>  </init-param>
>

> Llewellyn's advice on debugging is also quite useful and should help
> you find out what else is going wrong.  And seriously, the
> VelocityServlet is deprecated and not nearly as useful as the
> VelocityViewServlet that comes with the VelocityTools project.  You
> really should be using the VelocityViewServlet.
> http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/view/
>
> On 4/30/06, julia schmitz <juliaa_web@web.de> wrote:
> >

> > Hello to all Velocity - User,
> >
> > Can someone help me: Where is the mistake why i get the this Error:
> >
> > Error: org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find resource
'displaylist.vm'

> > I give you some more information about my application.
> >
> > I have installed Eclipse 3.1.2, Tomcat 5.0.28 and Sysdeo (Tomcat Plugin) 3.1.0.
In the %CATALINA_HOME%\conf\web.xml File i activated the Invoker Servlet.

http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd [http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd]"