velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can not find velocity template vm
Date Sun, 30 Apr 2006 17:22:32 GMT
That debugging info makes it very clear that your velocity.properties
are not being loaded.

Looks like your servlet-class is wrong too.  You have:

 <servlet-class>/Test</servlet-class>

but it looks like it should be:

 <servlet-class>test.Test</servlet-class>

Strange that you are getting a ResourceNotFoundException though.  I
wouldn't have expected the servlet to load at all without the proper
class name.  That makes me think that your web.xml isn't being used.
That could be something to do with how you are using Eclipse.

And *again*, please consider switching to the VelocityViewServlet.
The VelocityServlet is deprecated.  The VelocityViewServlet does not
even require *any* velocity.properties to be loaded in order to
function correctly.  All you do is put your templates in the webapp
root, load the servlet and request the template.

On 4/30/06, julia schmitz <juliaa_web@web.de> wrote:

> thanks, but i did not help
>
> I get the following infos when debuging:
>
> runtime.log = null
>
> default path = C:\

In the %CATALINA_HOME%confweb.xml File i activated the Invoker Servlet.

http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd [http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd]"