velocity-user mailing list archives

From Barbara Baughman <baugh...@utdallas.edu>
Subject Re: Can velocity load a properties file ?
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:54:07 GMT
You cannot use the #set directive to designate just any kind of JAVA
object.  See the User Guide for allowable references.  I believe the
#set directive you have will automatically call the toString method of
the class in order to set the variable to a valid reference, but you
can check by printing the value of the set variable.

Barbara Baughman
X2157