velocity-user mailing list archives

From Elmar J├╝rgens <juerg...@in.tum.de>
Subject Static Template Validation?
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 08:27:26 GMT
Hi,

I am using Velocity to generate Java classes for a custom target framework
(also written in Java).
Every time I change my target framework, I have to adapt my velocity
templates accordingly.

I am looking for a way to statically validate the Java code contained in my
velocity templates, in order to automatically find those spots in my
templates that I have to adapt to a change in the underlying framework.

My first guess at a static template validator would be to somehow transform
a Java-generating-template into something one can more or less hand to a
Java compiler for static validation.
Does something like this already exist? Any other ideas?

Any comments, explanations, wild ideas or pointers to additional material
very much appreciated!

Best greetings,
Elmar Juergens