velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Withers John Z" <John.With...@irs.gov>
Subject RE: Working with lists
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 17:51:08 GMT
Something like this should work...

#set ($newList = [])
#foreach ($record in $oldList)
  #if ($record.property == "match")
    #set ($n = $newList.add($record)) ## NB Assignment seems to be
necessary
  #end

I use this in a production application to iterate through an input list
and group the items in the list into several other lists in Velocity.

John

John Withers

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary M. Catlin [mailto:gcatlin78@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 12:36 PM
To: velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Working with lists

I need a little guidance on working with lists. I am attempting to copy
a subset of the content from one list into a new list, where each
element in the list is a class. I have been told that there is no simple
way of filtering the content of a list, short of examining each record
using #foreach. How do I go about creating the new list a record at a
time? My guess would be something in the line of:

#foreach ($record in $oldList)
  #if ($record.property == "match")
    #set ($newList[n] = $record) ** pseudo-code -- what do I really do
here?
  #end ## end if
#end ## end foreach

Or is there a better way to accomplish my goal?

TIA.