velocity-user mailing list archives

From Ahmed Mohombe <amoho...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: A 1.5 release date?
Date Sat, 06 May 2006 17:27:45 GMT
> I just can't
> currently prioritize the time to investigate and solve them myself.
Than if none of the Velocity developers has time for the project, IMHO it would
be fair to say and state that, so that everybody knows Velocity is "de facto abandoned" (or

"dormant" in Apache language if I'm not wrong).

Asking from newbies to "fix themselfs" is not OK IMHO and not the right signal IMHO.
I can imagine that this is one of the most important but "not spoken because of netiquette"
reason
so many moved to FreeMarker.

If a user has to fix for himself every library is depending on than it simply makes no sense
to use
those libraries at all.

Ahmed.