velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Pham Anh Tuan" <anht...@ichi-corp.jp>
Subject [HELP] I use struts + Velocity, I couldn't submit 1 form with unicode information! :(
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:24:00 GMT
Hi all,

I use Struts framework + Velocity, and I have a form with a text field, something like below:

<form method="POST" action="$link.setAction("/saveIt")">
                    <input type="text" name="something">
</form>

in velocity.properties file, I set:

input.encoding=UTF-8
output.encoding=UTF-8
hiz, but with all above, I couldn't save unicode value of something property into my DB (Mysql
4.1, I had set all utf-8) :(

but ... when I change the header of form tag like below, everything is fine, it's mean, I
can save unicode value into DB :( ... I don't know why, help me plz :(

<form enctype="multipart/form-data" method="POST" action="$link.setAction("/saveIt")">

thanks in advance,

bowlkhin