velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Sachin Dharmapurikar" <sac...@akanksha.com>
Subject CustomResourceLoader Not Found in Tomcat 4.x
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 12:58:46 GMT
Hi Everybody,

I am novice user of Velocity. I am using Velocity 1.4 in my application. I wrote a custom
Resource Loader which loads the template from String. I tested my application in Eclipse with,

velocity-dep-1.4.jar
velocity-1.4.jar

Files in the classpath. My program just works fine in Eclipse. Then I created a war file for
my application. My Resource Loader is our application war file.

I put velocity-dep-1.4.jar in the Tomcat_home/common/lib directory and started the container.

I am getting ClassNotFoundException for my Resource Loader class. I do not understand why
that’s happening. There are many classes in the same application jar and those works fine,
except the custom class loader.

My initialization code for Velocity is as follows –

Properties p = new Properties();
p.put("resource.loader", "string");
p.put("string.loader.description", "Database String Loader");
p.put("string.resource.loader.class", "com.myapp.util.StringResourceLoader");
Velocity.init(p);

StringResourceLoader resides in the application directory.

Thanks,
Sachin