velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Sachin Dharmapurikar" <sac...@akanksha.com>
Subject RE: CustomResourceLoader Not Found in Tomcat 4.x
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 05:20:29 GMT
Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your suggestion. I copied the jar from Tomcat common lib to WEB-INF/lib. In addition
to that I called

Class.forName("com.myapp.util.StringResourceLoader");

Now my code works absolutely fine.

Thanks for support.

Regards,
Sachin

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Bubna [mailto:nbubna@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 11:35 PM
To: Velocity Users List
Subject: Re: CustomResourceLoader Not Found in Tomcat 4.x

try putting the velocity-dep-1.4.jar in with your application's
library jars instead of in Tomcat's common lib.

On 6/1/06, Sachin Dharmapurikar <sachin@akanksha.com> wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I am novice user of Velocity. I am using Velocity 1.4 in my application. I wrote a custom
Resource Loader which loads the template from String. I tested my application in Eclipse with,

> velocity-dep-1.4.jar
> velocity-1.4.jar
>
> Files in the classpath. My program just works fine in Eclipse. Then I created a war file
for my application. My Resource Loader is our application war file.

> I put velocity-dep-1.4.jar in the Tomcat_home/common/lib directory and started the container.
>
> I am getting ClassNotFoundException for my Resource Loader class. I do not understand
why that's happening. There are many classes in the same application jar and those works fine,
except the custom class loader.