velocity-user mailing list archives

From mailmur <mail...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: CustomResourceLoader Not Found in Tomcat 4.x
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2006 17:09:27 GMT
About copying velocity.jar to tomcat/common/lib
folder. Did you put StringResourceLoader.class to
webapps/mywebapp/WEB-INF/lib/xxx.jar package (or
WEB-INF/classes folder)?

If yes then maybe it was about the ClassLoader
instance that was giving your problems. common/lib
classes are loaded by a globally shared ClassLoader
instance. All webapps will see classes found in
common/lib folder.

Then each webapp gets a dedicated ClassLoader instance
to load WEB-INF/lib packages.

Maybe Velocity could not found it because core
Velocity classes were loaded by a shared classloader
but your StringResourceLoader.class was read by a
dedicated classloader.

If you put velocity.jar and StringResourecLoader.class
to the same place (common/lib or web-inf/lib) then it
should work.

--- Sachin Dharmapurikar <sachin@akanksha.com> wrote:
> Hi Nathan,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion. I copied the jar from
> Tomcat common lib to WEB-INF/lib. In addition to
> that I called

Class.forName("com.myapp.util.StringResourceLoader");