velocity-user mailing list archives

From divya dalapathi <divyadalapa...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject How does velocity caching mechanism work...
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 18:55:24 GMT
Dear Velocity - users,

  I have a few questions (below) regarding velocity's performance and caching mechanism.

  1. What makes Velocity Engine, a fast renderer of templates? Is there any reason other than
caching?

  2. file.resource.loader.cache = false/true
  The above setting shows how to switch on caching.
  How does velocity caching mechanism work?

  I read that it caches the parsed AST syntax tree and not the source.
  Could you please explain in detail or provide links where I can find more information on
such caching?

  3. Also, how does velocity caching compare to that of JSP and if it is faster when compared,
what makes it  so?

  Thank you very much in advance, I appreciate your responses.

  Regards,
  Divi

Catch all the FIFA World Cup 2006 action on Yahoo! India Click here