velocity-user mailing list archives

From Stein-Eirik Lund <s.e.l...@usit.uio.no>
Subject The role of filename-extensions in velocity development
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 11:58:14 GMT
Hi
(I am totally new to Velocity, so please excuse me if this just is _too_ simple  ;-)

We have an application utilizing velocity templates/VTL and Java.

The velocity template files at present has ".vtl" as  uniform extension to all filenames.
We are in the process of giving the whole service a makeover, and I've been asked to find
out  best practices for
velocity development & deployment as for filenames for the templates.

When searching the available info I see reference to .vsl files and .vm files (but hardly
any for .vtl)
We are using Eclipse (3.2RC7) with VeloEclipse plugin and it seem like it does not recognize
.vtl as velocity files.

Please set me straight about the roles of filenames in the described context.

.vsl
.vtl
.vm
".other"??