velocity-user mailing list archives

From Will Glass-Husain <wgl...@forio.com>
Subject Re: AJAX and Velocity - Any experience ?
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:59:57 GMT
Yes.

Nothing special about Velocity and AJAX, except that it is easy to
create AJAX responses via tiny Velocity files.  These responses could be
XML, JSON, or a Javascript callback function.

Another AJAX technique I've used succesfully recently is to populate a
div tag with text that's updated periodically in the background (without
refreshing the whole page).  The prototype.js library has a nice
function for this: Ajax.Updater.  Again, Velocity makes it easy to craft
the response (in this case, the HTML that is loaded into the div tag).

WILL

--
Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain