velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Anuradha Weeraman" <aweera...@gmail.com>
Subject Velocity on z/OS - Character set troubles
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:15:35 GMT
Hello,

I'm running an application which uses Velocity on z/OS under USS with
the source and template files in ISO8859-1. I've specified the
following in velocity.properties:

input.encoding=ISO-8859-1
output.encoding=ISO-8859-1

And yet, the generated files are in EBCDIC. I'm using Maven to build
the application and have set the following in MAVEN_OPTS:

-Dfile.encoding=ISO8859-1 -Dconsole.encoding=IBM-1047 -Xnoargsconversion

Has anyone come across this issue? Any hints as to why velocity does
not respect the output.encoding value here is appreciated.

Regards,
Anuradha