velocity-user mailing list archives

From Claude Brisson <cla...@renegat.net>
Subject Re: Click and tools (was: Re: pls help on Velocity-servlets)
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 01:08:18 GMT
Le vendredi 21 juillet 2006 à 09:53 +1000, Malcolm Edgar a écrit :
> Hi Claude,
>
> I haven't had anyone ask for this yet, or had any need personally.
> What features out of the Toolbox do you need?

The ability to put POJOs into the context for
application/session/request scope in toolbox.xml without writing any
single line of java, as with the VelocityViewServlet.

> The Click pattern is for users to define a custom Format object which
> is automatically added to the VelocityContext, this class includes a
> lot of formatting options. Much of it inspired by VelocityTools.
>
> If you need more specific stuff out of the toolbox, you would override
> the ClickServlet method createVelocityContext()

I'm not sure this is sufficient to handle scopes.

I think the way to go is to have the ClickServlet use the
XMLToolboxManager the same way the VelocityViewServlet does. I'm really
too busy to contribute this kind of stuff right now, but since it is a
quite generic feature, I thought you might be interested for Click...

Regards,

  Claude