velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Matthias Hendler" <hendl...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Creating HashMaps from within the template for temporary processing
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 07:10:31 GMT
Hello,

I think the only solution is to create the instance of the map in java.
Then put the instance into the velocity context.
Thats it.

As I faced the same problem, I have written my own java class to start velocity.
Then I have a property to instantiate HashMaps and ArrayList in this class which will be added
to the velocity context. After a template was processed, the Maps and Lists are cleared by
my java class.
(But you can also clear the Maps/Lists in the template before using them.)

Well, I dont know how this approach will work with the velocity resource loaders. I use velocity
to generate plsql code from templates and therefore I read the template files by myself.

Matthias

-------- Original-Nachricht --------