velocity-user mailing list archives

From Will Glass-Husain <wgl...@forio.com>
Subject Re: Please - help me
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 17:10:16 GMT
Hi Ravi,

[ this questions is more suited for the velocity-user list, not the
developer list.  Would you mind responding please to
velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org?  Thanks. ]

All Velocity does is generate text files - you have to define the output
template for the radio buttons.  Take a look at Anakia.  This is an ant
task for Velocity that reads in an XML file and uses it as the source
data.  You should be able to use this to populate an HTML template that
displays radio buttons.  For examples of how it works, download the
velocity source and look at the documentation -- it's all created with
Velocity/Anakia based on XML source.

Best,
WILL

ravi gowda wrote:
> Hi,

>  I was not sure on how to post this question.. so I am
> writing this mail..
>
> Problem is , I have written an xml file (where two
> radio buttons should be horizontally aligned)
> for ex:
>
> <radiobutton name="RadioButtons" description="">
> <option label="Radio_1" value="">
> <option label="Radio_2" value="">
> </radiobutton>
>
> Based on the above example the buttons will be aligned
> vertically one below the other like..
>
> Radio_1 .
> Radio_2 .
>
>  But I need them to be horizontally aligned on next to
> the other like this.
>
> Radio_1 .  Radio_2 .
>
> When I start my Application the XML will be loaded by
> the java class (which imports the functionality of the
> Sun's velocity template engine API) and writes to the
> template using Apache's velocity template writer.
>
> Since I don't have any control to any CSS/XSL
> standards and also even I don't even know abt it at
> all.
> At the end when I could my those radio buttons sitting
> one below the other..
>

> Can Any one suggest me how to achieve this.
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
> Ravi

Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain