velocity-user mailing list archives

From Magnus Kvalheim <...@inaphone.com>
Subject Inject velocimacros during runtime (request)
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 09:41:45 GMT
Hi all,
I'm using VelocityViewServlet with velocitytools 1.2

I'm working on a web based templating system that relies on velocity for
generating output.
This is a multiuser system and files are stored in private repositories
(DB). A custom resourceloader takes care of the file segregation.

I would like for my users to be able to specify velocimacros in a
configuration-file and have them loaded in request time.
(Just like with the velocimacro.library property in the
velocity.properties file are loaded for the velocity engine)

I have searched through the sourcecode for a suited place to 'inject'
the runtime macro files, with no success so far.

I realize that the macro files could be parsed from within a template
file, but I would like for my users to be able to declare them in a
configuration file.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated

thanks
magnus