velocity-user mailing list archives

From Will Glass-Husain <wgl...@forio.com>
Subject Re: Inject velocimacros during runtime (request)
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 17:36:25 GMT
I'd like this too.  (or something similar to allow macros to be defined
in other files).  It's been a growing demand from our users.  Adding the
macros via #parse would be nice for me.  But it sounds like you're
looking for some type of event handler allowing the macros to be
selected in code.  Is this right?

WILL

Magnus Kvalheim wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm using VelocityViewServlet with velocitytools 1.2
>
> I'm working on a web based templating system that relies on velocity
> for generating output.
> This is a multiuser system and files are stored in private
> repositories (DB). A custom resourceloader takes care of the file
> segregation.
>
> I would like for my users to be able to specify velocimacros in a
> configuration-file and have them loaded in request time.
> (Just like with the velocimacro.library property in the
> velocity.properties file are loaded for the velocity engine)
>
> I have searched through the sourcecode for a suited place to 'inject'
> the runtime macro files, with no success so far.
>
> I realize that the macro files could be parsed from within a template
> file, but I would like for my users to be able to declare them in a
> configuration file.
>
> Any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated
>
> thanks
> magnus

Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain