velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Placing templates and accessing it
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 18:48:12 GMT
If you are using Velocity in a webapp, you should use the
WebappResourceLoader that is a part of the VelocityTools-VelocityView
subproject, instead of using the FileResourceLoader.

Webapps w/Velocity - http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/webapps.html

VelocityView - http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/view/

WebappResourceLoader -
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/javadoc/org/apache/velocity/tools/view/servlet/WebappLoader.html

Configuring Resource Loaders -
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/docs/developer-guide.html#Configuring%20Resource%20Loaders

On 21 Jul 2006 13:27:11 -0000, vadivu sushma subbiah
<vads_82@rediffmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 5 velocity templates files in webapp path (for eg. com/abc/cd/)
> depending upon the condition, i need to select a template.
>
> if i place the templates in my machine specific path (for eg. d:/oc4j/j2ee/home), i am
able to get the template depending on the condition using the following syntax..

> final String CONFIG_DIR = "D:\\oc4j\\j2ee\\home\\";
> Velocity.setProperty( Velocity.FILE_RESOURCE_LOADER_PATH,CONFIG_DIR );
> Velocity.getTemplate(selectedTemplate);
>
> if i place the templates in webapp path, i am unable to access the template files..
> it is saying "unable to find resource"
>
> may i know the webapp location to place the templates and syntax to access those template(.vm)
files.