velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Malcolm Edgar" <malcolm.ed...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pls help on Velocity-servlets
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 23:21:19 GMT
Hi Claude,

well actually Click does rely on velocity-tools as it uses
org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.WebappLoader for loading Velocity
templates. Click also uses concepts from Velocity Tools with a Format object
used form formatting objects in templates:

  http://click.sourceforge.net/docs/click-api/net/sf/click/util/Format.html

The scope of the Click Framework is different than Velocity Tools. Velocity
Tools provides a lowerer level library for integrating with other frameworks
and general Velocity development. While Click provides a higher level web
application framework which supports Page and component oriented design,
event based programming model, etc.

regads Malcolm Edgar