velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Malcolm Edgar" <malcolm.ed...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Click and tools (was: Re: pls help on Velocity-servlets)
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 23:53:19 GMT
Hi Claude,

I haven't had anyone ask for this yet, or had any need personally.  What
features out of the Toolbox do you need?

The Click pattern is for users to define a custom Format object which is
automatically added to the VelocityContext, this class includes a lot of
formatting options. Much of it inspired by VelocityTools.

If you need more specific stuff out of the toolbox, you would override the
ClickServlet method createVelocityContext()

http://click.sourceforge.net/docs/click-api/net/sf/click/ClickServlet.html#createVelocityContext(net.sf.click.Page)

And add your custom objects:

public CustomClickServlet extends ClickServlet {

   protected VelocityContext *createVelocityContext*(Page
<http://click.sourceforge.net/docs/click-api/net/sf/click/Page.html>
page) {
       VelocityContext context = super.*createVelocityContext*(page);

       context.put("math", new MathTool());

       return context;
   }
}