velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Maxim Gordienko" <mgordie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Defining velocimacro in java class
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 20:16:25 GMT
The reason is quite simple. The macro logic is quite complicated and
cumbersome. It hardly can be implemented in velocity template.
It's legacy architecture "feature" - view asks business logic for a model.

Maybe I do not need macro and directive works just well. I need to
define some kind of "shortcut" for view developer who can use it in
any view. And a logic behind this "shortcut" is actually evaluated
only if velocity engine encounter "shortcut" in rendered view.

Can you point out where i can find info about custom directive?
Thank you!