velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Tom Jerry" <tom.snow.je...@gmail.com>
Subject pls help on Velocity-servlets
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 05:04:49 GMT
hi... I have a simple servlet and velocity program.. for eg. Sample.java and
email.vm ... and when the vm file is run in a browser, nothing is
displayed.. which means the template is not loaded properly . email.vm is in
pets folder (pets/email.vm) and Sample.class is in pets/WEB-INF/classes
folder. I gave the simple code as :
Template t = getTemplate ("email.vm");

       I am new to Velocity... and while googling, I found that webAppLoader
is the best way to load templates. How to use it ??? And which is the proper
way.. having a velocity.properties file or setting the properties in the
Servlet java file ??? Please guide me.

Regards,
  Snowy