velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Putting key/value pair into hashmap from velocity template
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:56:23 GMT
"Matthias Hendler" <hendler2@gmx.de> writes:

>I have found at http://www.freebok.net/help/velocity4.html the following  example:
>$sisyphus.pushRock()
>## Velocity assumes I mean $sisyphus.getRock()
>Its not discussed in detail what the author meant by his example, but I wonder how velocity
assumes method calls.

That example means that you can shorten $sisyphus.getRock() to
$sisyphus.rock but you can't shorten $sisyphus.pushRock() because
Velocity only checks for some functions when expanding the "short hand
notation".

	Best regards
		Henning

>-------- Original-Nachricht --------
>Datum: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:00:13 +0200
>Von: apache@recks.org
>An: Velocity Users List <velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>Betreff: Re: Putting key/value pair into hashmap from velocity template

>> try without the square brackets...
>>
>> ;) Christoph
>>
>> Matthias Hendler wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I try to put a key/value pair to a hashmap from velocity template.
>> >
>> > First I put a new hashmap object into velocity context named "myMap".
>> > In my templates I can write:
>> > $myMap.clear()
>> > Size: $myMap.size()
>> > The above works fine. Now I want to put a key/value pair into the
>> hashmap using the method put(object, object).
>> >
>> > So I wrote:
>> > ${myMap.put(["123", "test"])}
>>                ^             ^
>> > And I get an exception: "${myMap.put(["123", "test"])} is not a valid
>> reference."
>> >
>> > What's wrong?
>> >
>> > Thanx
>> > Matthias

>--

>"Feel free" – 10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS/Monat ...
>Jetzt GMX TopMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/topmail

Social behaviour: Bavarians can be extremely egalitarian and folksy.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavaria
Most Franconians do not like to be called Bavarians.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franconia