velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Putting key/value pair into hashmap from velocity template
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2006 08:08:14 GMT
"Matthias Hendler" <hendler2@gmx.de> writes:

Ah, now I get it.

Nothing is wrong. :-) Welcome to the world of random velocity logging
noise. :-( The problem is that $jMap.put() returns the previous value
from the map, which is null, which in turn is considered by Velocity
an invalid reference. Which in turn gets logged.

This is more a political than a technical problem. If it bothers you, just write
$!jMap.put

	Best regards
		Henning

>Hello,

>I have created a simple test to show the problem I have with velocity.
>I offer my test case in a zip archive to everyone who is interested.

>Download the archive at: http://velocity.hendler<replace this and brackets by a minus
sign '-'>home.de/

>In this archive you will find the java source, all needed velocity jars, a template and
a batch file to run the test.
>Look at my template file, run the batch file and watch the output file and velocity logfile.

>I would be pleased if anyone could tell me what I am doing wrong!

>--

>Echte DSL-Flatrate dauerhaft für 0,- Euro*. Nur noch kurze Zeit!
>"Feel free" mit GMX DSL: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Social behaviour: Bavarians can be extremely egalitarian and folksy.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavaria
Most Franconians do not like to be called Bavarians.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franconia