velocity-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh Reddy <aimre...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can we configuring ApplicationResources.properties for Velocity?
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 18:59:56 GMT
Thanks for the help.
But I am not looking for VelocityStruts support (I am not trying to use the velocity in view
layer or on the front end in JSP's), I am trying to create a standalone application where
I have some 10-20 VM templates (which are basically some email notification templates), and
I want these templates to be internationalized.
It would be great where I can feed the Applicationresource.properties (some thing like this
kind of file) to velocity engine.

Regards
Rakesh

Nathan Bubna <nbubna@gmail.com> wrote: If you are using the VelocityStruts support in
VelocityTools, then the
MessageTool is what you are looking for.

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/struts/MessageTool.html

Use of this is demonstrated in the velstruts example application that
comes with VelocityTools.

On 8/16/06, Rakesh Reddy  wrote:
> Hi --
>
>     Is there any way to configure the Velocity enigine to use the ApplicationResources.properties
(For internationalization) while generating the text from templates? Instead of the passing
the inviduall label value.