velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Desai, Sanket (HBO)" <Sanket.De...@hbo.com>
Subject Need help displaying Korean characters in velocity template
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 21:47:18 GMT
Hi there,

I wish to display Korean characters in a velocity template.

As per velocity mailing list on web, I've set following in
velocity.properties file:

input.encoding=UTF-8

In java code, I can see that the strings are actual Korean characters as
entered in database table.

So for a test I do the following for velocity template:

context.put("koreanString", new
String("some_korean_string".getBytes("Shift_JIS"), "8859_1"));

above piece of code actually works for Japanese characters but I didn't
find an equivalent for Korean characters.

So in the velocity template, I've following to display the Korean
string:

<synopsis><![CDATA[$koreanString]]></synopsis>

I also tried the following:

<synopsis><![CDATA[\u$koreanString]]></synopsis>

But it didn't work.

Would anyone know a way to display Korean characters in Velocity
template?

Regards,

Sanket Desai

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the addressees.  Any copying, forwarding, printing
or other use of this e-mail by persons other than the addressees is not authorized.  This
e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure.
 If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by return e-mail (including
the original message in your reply) and then delete and discard all copies of the e-mail.
 Thank you.