velocity-user mailing list archives

From mailmur <mail...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Need help displaying Korean characters in velocity template
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 10:51:17 GMT
UnicodeFileResourceLoader:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/akini/java/unicodereader/

You could try using UnicodeFileResourceLoader and
always save your .vm templates as UTF-8 files.
Actually you should use UTF-8 with bom marker format.
It is what windows Notepad does when saving utf8
files.

Or you may use UTF-16BE or UTF-16LE charset formats as
well. Notepad does both as well.

Using unicodeloader you dont need to worry about
input.encoding params. I think it is more or less
obsolete param, works only in VelocityServlet. Its not
actually being used by the Velocity _engine_ itself,
very misleading param.

--- "Desai, Sanket (HBO)" <Sanket.Desai@hbo.com>